Phenomix Sciences co-founder Dr. Andres Acosta spearheads team of researchers sharing new data and findings surrounding obesity phenotyping at major industry conference
Menlo Park, Calif., April 28, 2023 -- Phenomix Sciences (Phenomix), a precision medicine biotechnology company that brings data intelligence to the treatment of obesity, is attending and presenting research at the DDW 2023 annual meeting taking place in Chicago, Ill. from May 6-8. Andres Acosta, MD, Ph.D, Director of the Nutrition Obesity Research Program at Mayo Clinic, as well as co-founder of Phenomix Sciences, is presenting his findings on phenotype-tailored lifestyle interventions for weight loss and nutrition.
Dr. Andres Acosta and his Fellows will be sharing data and research related to their work at Mayo Clinic in the following settings during the event, including:
● Translational Symposium: AGA Personalized Nutrition for Digestive Diseases
○ May 6, 2023, 10:00-11:30 AM - W194
● Talk: Phenotypes-tailored Diet on Weight Loss
○ May 6, 2023, 11:00-11:20 AM - W194
● Q&A Panel Discussion session: Personalized Nutrition for Digestive Diseases
○ May 6, 2023, 11:20-11:30 AM - W194
● Research Symposium: AGA Food Intake Regulation and Obesity
○ May 7, 2023, 3:18-3:28 PM - S105a
● Poster: Machine-learning driven, full phenotype model and surrogate polygenic risk score model for appetite predict response to GLP-1 receptor agonist in patients with obesity
○ May 8, 2023, 10:45-11:00 AM - S102
● Plenary Session: AGA Obesity, Metabolism & Nutrition (OMN) Distinguished Abstract Plenary
○ May 8, 2023, 4:00-5:30 PM - W190b
● Talk: Impact of heterozygous genetic variants in the leptin-melanocortin pathway on weight loss outcomes following endoscopic transoral outlet reduction after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery
○ May 8, 2023, 5:04-5:17 PM - W190b
● Abstract: High protein diet prescriptions for weight loss impairs post-prandial branched chain amino acid utilization
○ May 9, 2023, 12:30-1:30 PM - South Hall A
“We’ve been diligently preparing a large breadth of data and studies that scientifically validate the significance of phenotyping and personalized medicine on obesity and weight loss,” said Dr. Acosta. “DDW is one of our industry's top conferences and it is an honor to be able to share our tremendous research efforts with its attendees consisting of the world’s premier physicians and researchers in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal surgery.”
To visit Phenomix Sciences and meet members of their team at DDW, contact firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information about Phenomix, visit www.phenomixsciences.com.
About Phenomix Sciences
Phenomix Sciences is a biotechnology pioneer on a mission to conquer obesity globally through the science of phenotyping, the understanding of how genes combined with environmental and behavioral factors can inform obesity treatment plans. Mayo Clinic physicians, scientists, and researchers, Andres Acosta, M.D. Ph.D., and Michael Camilleri, M.D. D.Sc., founded the company under the belief that the key to understanding obesity is unprecedented access to its clinical and molecular information throughout all stages and phenotypes of the disease. Phenomix leverages data intelligence for yielding better accuracy in predicting individual patient response to specific weight loss interventions and reducing the variability in weight loss results for patients. For more information, please visit www.phenomixsciences.com.
AM PR for Phenomix Sciences